At thirty-three, I would like to officially announce that I am ready to be recognized as an adult. I’m like 15 years late to this game, but, better late than never, I guess.
How did I get to be 33? I mean, I guess biologically we all know how that really happens. Thanks, mom and dad.
So I thought what would be the best gift I could give to my dear blog readers in honor of my birthday. I do loving giving presents! Maybe a giveaway of sorts? Like maybe something that is one of my favorite items? I do have lots of favorites. But then, I thought, nah, I’m lazy. So here’s thirty-three things you didn’t know about me:
1. The first time I ever went to a bar was the night that I met my husband. Having been inexperienced with alcohol, I didn’t know what to answer when he asked what he could get me from the bar, so I said a beer. Then proceeded to have to pretend to like beer for the next several months of dating him.
2. I’m a fairly adventurous eater, except that I will never eat condiments.
3. In order to sleep at night I take a sleeping pill and wear earplugs and a sleep mask and now i get the best sleep I have ever had in my life.
4. I cannot do math. Like any kind of math past the fourth grade level.
5. I am the world’s slowest runner. But a runner, nonetheless.
6. I once had a cat named Hippo, who “grew into his name” and got so large that he died from being fat.
7. Now I have a severe allergy to cats. So after Hippo it’s probably better that I don’t have any cats.
8. The thing I hate most about my body are my nail beds. My nail beds suck.
9. My favorite household chore is washing the dishes.
10. I like folding the laundry, but I refuse to put it away.
11. I never had to clean a toilet util I worked at Old Navy when I was 19 years old.
12. I have no idea why so many of these have to do with cleaning.
13. I recently found a place a remote part of Oregon that will let you meet Sloths and now I’m trying to convince Brian that should be our next family vacation.
14. The next job I get I intend on negotiating more vacation time regardless of how much they offer, because you can never have enough vacation time.
15. My closet is color coordinated by ROYGBIV, which makes my obsessive compulsive little heart so happy, and also gives me a visual of what polkadot print I don’t yet own so I know what to shop for.
16. At one point my career goal was to become a store manager of a mall retailer. Life is weird the way we change, but also awesome.
17. My house can be completely clean and organized and everything put away, but my nightstand will forever be a disaster zone of mish-mashed jewelry, essential oils, and hopefully my glasses somewhere underneath.
18. I am a shy person, but I do enjoy meeting new people. I just can’t wait for them to get to know me and for me to be myself around them in like, 5-7 years.
19. I can be really outgoing and gregarious and totally silent and withdrawn in the same hour. I can get all the feels.
20. I have really great friends. I would consider my collection of friends to be one of my greatest accomplishments. Next to my children, and not killing myself accidentally on purpose yet.
21. My ultimate goal is to work as a therapist in a psych ward. Yes, they let you do that when you’ve been a patient before.
22. 99 percent of the time my phone is on the “do not disturb” setting during the week. I love that it’s basically like I”m unreachable unless I want to be.
23. If I could change anything about myself I would require less sleep. (But still take lots of naps)
24. There are only three things in life that I hate, the gift game, archery, and Ted Cruz.
25. I am a certified Flirty Girl instructor, but I do not plan to use it.
26. There are few things as good in life as a really great sandwich.
27. My favorite place to read is on the treadmill the gym. I don’t feel like I am wasting time because technically I’m doing two things at once.
28. I have nine tattoos and plans to get at least 15 more. I’m actually really obsessed.
29. Chips, salsa, and ranch dressing is my favorite thing to order to Chili’s.
30. My ultimate bucket list items are to 1. hold a sloth, 2. drive a zamboni, 3. voice an animated character.
31. I want to write a book. I am just waiting on a few more people to die first.
32. I passed my National Counselor Exam on my birthday last week!
33. By this time next year I had better be an LPC-I or else.